[libvirt-users] no connection driver available for No connection for URI xen:///

Su Zhang westlifezs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 21:33:56 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 4:20 PM, Eric Blake <eblake at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 03/15/2012 02:57 PM, Su Zhang wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am trying to use virt-install to install domU image. However, I
> > encountered the following issue. It seems that a connection driver is
> > needed for Xen.
> > I am new to both libvirt and Xen. Anyone have any ideas on what's wrong
> > with the following error ?
> >

> > # virt-install --connect=xen:/// -p -d
> > Thu, 15 Mar 2012 10:17:55 DEBUG    Launched with command line:
> > /usr/bin/virt-install --connect=xen:/// -p -d
> > Thu, 15 Mar 2012 10:17:55 DEBUG    Requesting libvirt URI xen:///
> > Thu, 15 Mar 2012 10:17:55 ERROR    no connection driver available for No
> > connection for URI xen:///
>
> This probably means that your copy of libvirt.so and libvirtd was built
> without xen support.  What does
>
> virsh --version=long
>
> say?  Also, are you sure libvirtd is running?
>
> --
> Eric Blake   eblake at redhat.com    +1-919-301-3266

Eric,

Here is the output:
# virsh --version=long
Virsh command line tool of libvirt 0.9.10
See web site at http://libvirt.org/

Compiled with support for:
 Hypervisors: Xen QEmu/KVM UML OpenVZ VirtualBox LXC Test
 Networking: Remote Daemon Network Bridging Nwfilter VirtualPort
 Storage: Dir Filesystem SCSI Multipath iSCSI LVM
 Miscellaneous: SELinux Secrets Debug

It seems that it does support Xen.

I am not sure if libvirtd is running so I use the following command to
start it:

[root at XenTester srv]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/libvirtd start

But the same error is still there.

Am I using the right way to start libvirtd service? Are there any other
possible reasons of this error?

Thanks,

--
Su Zhang