[libvirt-users] how to store an internal disk snapshot by use

Rujie Xu xrjieyee at gmail.com
Tue May 29 09:40:36 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,
    I am trying to find a way to store an internal disk snapshot and
supposed to restore later.

    Here is the problems I met:
    1) when I use SnapshotCreateXML() to create a disk_only snapshot while
the domain is inactive, there is an error happened:
     disk snapshot of inactive domains not implemented yet.
     I am wondering is there and way I can save the disk_only snapshot when
the domain is inactive right now?

     2) also use snapshotCreateXML() to create a disk_only snapshot while
the domain is active, and use the xml to set the <disk name="hda"
snapshot="internal"> there is also an error happened:
     unsupported configuration: active qemu domains require external disk
snapshot; disk hda requested internal

     3) when I use snapshotCreateXML() to create a disk_only snapshot using
external file, it could be done, but when I try to use revertToSnapshot()
to revert this snapshot there is another error happened:
      revert to external snapshot not supported yet.

Is there anyone can help me about this, or we just can't use libvirt to
managed the disk snapshot right now?

Thanks very much!
--
Best Regards,