Re: [libvirt-users] [Lxc-users] Failed to access console after launching LXC through libvirt

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 12:52 AM, Sujay M <sujay m17 gmail com> wrote:
Hey Qiu Yu,

I am a beginner to both lxc and openstack swift. Can you please clarify some of my doubts related to openstack swift and lxc?

1. I want to set up a small cloud storage environment in my laptop. I mean i need to host storage services for some clients and i want to virtualize this environment. Is openstack swift enough for the above purpose or should i install nova, glance and swift?

Well, this might be kind of off topic to this list. Let me make it short. :)

Swift is for object storage,  similar to Amazon S3. While Nova-vol service (component inside Nova) is for block storage, similar to Amazon EBS. And in latest OpenStack Folsom release, nova volume has bee forked to openstack cinder project, to address the block storage functionality. While glance is for VM image service.

So, it really depends on your needs, swift or cinder. Usually, cinder works together with nova. Swift is much more independent.

--
Qiu Yu