[libvirt-users] Migrating a LV backed guest

Corey Quinn corey at sequestered.net
Tue Oct 16 10:37:26 UTC 2012

I have a KVM VM that's backed by a logical volume on local disk.

I'd like to copy / move it to an identically configured host.

[root at virt2 cquinn]# virsh migrate --copy-storage-all --verbose --persistent  node1.www qemu+ssh://10.102.1.11/system

error: Unable to read from monitor: Connection reset by peer

How should I effectively troubleshoot this?  Am I misunderstanding how virsh migrate is supposed to work?

Regards,
Corey Quinn