[libvirt-users] Please help: Libvirt event for disk change is not being registered by DomainEventRegisterAny()

Abhishek Srivastava abhishekguitarist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 15:08:42 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am writing an application which would monitor the changes on the domain
on the KVM hypervisor through libvirt events.

Recently I have upgraded my libvirt from 9.4 to 9.10 and I have this issue.

While *de-registering* for DomainEventDiskChangeCallback, I get a libvirt
error saying

 'libvirtError: internal error domain event 2 not registered;'

where 2 is the callbackid returned by virConnectDomainEventRegisterAny()
for the disk change event type.

This error didn’t occur when I used libvirt 0.9.4-23.el6_2.6

Can you please enlighten me on the recent changes that has been made?

Also, is the diskchange event a part of the domains life cycle event?

Any help on this issue will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Abhishek