[libvirt-users] [libvirt] migrate qemu domains

Yin Olivia-R63875 r63875 at freescale.com
Mon Apr 1 10:16:50 UTC 2013

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for your reply.

Since LXC is an independent driver in libvirt, I guess to migrate LXC domains
doesn't depend on external program.
But it failed with different error messages on source and destination nodes.

1) Migrate the virtual machine to the destination host
root at ppc-host1:~# virsh -c lxc:/// list --all
Id    Name                           State
 3396  vm1                            running
root at ppc-host1:~# virsh migrate vm1 lxc+tls://10.193.20.181/
error: failed to get domain 'vm1'
error: Domain not found: no domain with matching name 'vm1'

2) Migrate the virtual machine back
root at ppc-host2:~# virsh -c lxc+tls://root@10.193.20.109/ list --all
Id    Name                           State
 3396  vm1                            running
root at ppc-host2:~# virsh -c lxc+tls://10.193.20.109/ migrate vm1 lxc:///
error: this function is not supported by the connection driver: virDomainMigrate2

Do you have any idea?

Best Regards,
Olivia