[libvirt-users] [libvirt] migrate qemu domains

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Mon Apr 1 16:58:42 UTC 2013

[dropping libvir-list; no need to involve two lists on a question of usage]
[please don't top-post on technical lists]

On 04/01/2013 04:16 AM, Yin Olivia-R63875 wrote:
> Hi Cindy,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Since LXC is an independent driver in libvirt, I guess to migrate LXC domains
> doesn't depend on external program.

LXC domains cannot be migrated.  When you think about what LXC is (the
ability to create pids in a namespace) and what migration would involve
(creating identical pids on another machine, with the same process
state), you can probably figure out why it is not supported yet.