[libvirt-users] How can I open a libvirt remote connection with ssh

Wangkai (Kevin,C) wangkai86 at huawei.com
Thu Apr 11 09:45:18 UTC 2013

Hi,

When I use 'virConnectOpenAuth' function to connect to '192.168.1.102' libvirtd with ssh,
Code below,  the screen print the dialog "root at 192.168.1.102's password:" ,  and only
After I type the password, the connection can be created.

How can I connect to libvirtd with ssh automatically? No need to type the password manually.

char *au[2] = {"root", "xxxx"};
virConnectAuth auth = {
                credTypes,
                sizeof(credTypes) / sizeof(int),
                virConnCb,/* callback function, actually was not be called after connect*/
                au /* user and password */
            };
conn = virConnectOpenAuth("qemu+ssh://192.168.1.102/system", &auth, 0);

Thanks,
Kevin