[libvirt-users] direct local access to Xen without libvirtd

Jungnam Lee jungnam.lee at kaist.ac.kr
Wed Aug 7 07:38:27 UTC 2013

Hi all. I'm just new to libvirt.

Looking page here http://libvirt.org/drvxen.html , there are examples of connection URIs to Xen.

xen:///                        (local access, direct)
xen+unix:///                   (local access, via daemon)
xen://example.com/             (remote access, TLS/x509)
xen+tcp://example.com/         (remote access, SASl/Kerberos)
xen+ssh://root@example.com/    (remote access, SSH tunnelled)

I thought the first example 'xen:///' would not need libvirtd, because the second line said 'via daemon'.

But my C code using URI above prompts 'Failed to connect socket' error.

So it seems that running libvirtd is mandatory. Is this right?

Thanks for your reply in advance.

Regards,

Jungnam Lee