[libvirt-users] Bridging Wireless Cards for KVM

Joshua McKee josjunk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 02:55:27 UTC 2013

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I was wondering if
there is a way to set up a KVM VM using an XML document as input into Virsh
that uses bridged networking over a wireless card.

I understand that wireless cards to not natively support, but I was able to
find a working solution here:
http://blog.ericwhite.ca/articles/2011/04/creating-a-wireless-bridge/.

The issue is, I can use this bridge by calling KVM directly. However, I
cannot figure out how to get this same configuration on an XML file that I
input into Virsh for the creation of a VM.

My understanding is that libvirt calls KVM/QEMU at some point, but I may be
mistaken.

Thanks,
Joshua