[libvirt-users] state of setvcpus

Thomas Stein himbeere at meine-oma.de
Fri Aug 9 15:01:01 UTC 2013

Am 09.08.13 15:09, schrieb Eric Blake:
> On 08/09/2013 06:26 AM, Thomas Stein wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> Does someone know in what state setvcpu command is?
>>
>> I get:
>>
>> virsh # setvcpus gentookvm 4
>> error: internal error: cannot change vcpu count of this domain
>>
>> and
>>
>> error : qemuDomainHotplugVcpus:4087 : internal error: cannot change vcpu
>> count of this domain
>>
>> Does this work for someone?
>
> It works for xen:// URIs.  Upstream qemu vcpu hotplug is still a work in
> progress; I don't know if qemu 1.6 will support it, or if you'll have to
> wait for qemu 1.7.  Meanwhile, you can try using 'setvcpus gentookvm
> --guest 4' to use the guest agent (assuming you have qemu-ga running in
> the guest, and the proper plumbing of the guest agent channel in your
> domain XML) to use the guest to take vcpus on- or offline.

Tried that with no luck so far.

virsh # setvcpus gentookvm --guest 2
error: internal error: unable to execute QEMU agent command
'guest-get-vcpus': The command guest-get-vcpus has not been found

It's qemu-1.4.2 and libvirt-1.1.1.

In general it seems to work.

virsh # shutdown 3 --mode agent
Domain 3 is being shutdown

Any hints? And once again, thanks for your support Eric.

cheers
t.