[libvirt-users] Strange connectivity issues with bridged networking and masquerade

Kolja Scheffler schkol at schkol.de
Sat Aug 24 16:14:41 UTC 2013

I Found the reason now myself, while going through my network
configuration again preparing to install openvswitch.

Somehow the virtual machine had tried to make an IPv6 connection for
some URLs, which didn't work with my iptables setup. After completly
disabling IPv6 on the host system everything works like a charm. Guess
I'll stick to bridge-utils for now.

Thanks anyway. Have a nice weekend :)