Re: [libvirt-users] help about migration with libvirt

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht piing fr> wrote:
The 03/12/13, lei yang wrote:
>    Hi experts
>
>    I want to use libvirt doing the migration

Basically, migration allows moving a VM from host to another.

>    migration the guest from core 0 to core 2, Is there a way to do this ? any
>    points?

This is about CPU affinity. You may look at CPU pinning with 'vcpupin'
in the manual of virsh. It is possible to enable vCPU pinning in libvirt
guest XML.

Don't know if libvirt supports applying CPU affinity at guest runtime
but you could do it with usual tools (taskset, htop, etc).

I don't know how to change the affinity use tasket for the vms in the libvirt,
my goal it to get the downtime from core 0 to core 2

Lei

--
Nicolas Sebrecht