[libvirt-users] assign static public IP to container

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue Dec 10 23:30:42 UTC 2013

>> Would you mind
>> sharing the URLs where you found information about the list, so
>> that we may perhaps add more wording to those pages to make it more
>> obvious to the next new poster that they should be patient and wait
>> for the moderation delay, in the hopes of helping them avoid the
>> embarrassment of multiple duplicate posts?
>
> sorry about that... i was subscribed to the -dev mailing list and
> searching those archives but was posting to this one... when i
> realized the error i subscribed to this list and re-searched and
> re-posted, thus the slight changes in my post.

Not a problem; you're not the first to have done it.  I'm just trying to
use your experience to make it better for the next person.

>  i use gmane to post,
> so my methods are a little non-standard.  i found the mailing lists
> thru the official libvirt website

But we already have wording there:

http://libvirt.org/contact.html

"It is recommended but not required that you subscribe before posting to
the user and development lists. Posts from non-subscribers will be
subject to manual moderation delays. You can subscribe at the linked web
pages above."

And even on the list page: