[libvirt-users] guest daemon reading kvmclock - is it not needed or bad idea ?

Edoardo Comar ECOMAR at uk.ibm.com
Wed Dec 11 17:15:31 UTC 2013

Hi
(apologies for the previous post in html - was scrubbed in the list
digest)

I've dug various posts and articles on host-guest time synchronization.
I could not conclude why it might be better to use ntpd in a guest rather
than a daemon that reads from kvmclock
and having NTP running on the host only
(assuming the guest OS is a recent linux and so the clock source is set to
the paravirtualized kvm PVclock).

any clarifications are welcome, thanks!
Edoardo Comar

Unless stated otherwise above: