[libvirt-users] Virsh console stops accepting inputs

Satvinder Gunsi satgunsi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 08:10:25 UTC 2013

Hello All,

I am trying following steps:
1. Untar a gzip image
2. virsh create NAME.xml ( for the image)
3. virsh console NAME

The above steps are done for four times on different files.

In step 3 above for one out of four VMs (usually the first one), when I try
to login:, typing the first letter of password brings me back to "login:"
prompt.

Then for the next four tries "each" letter moves me from "login" to
"password:" and back to "login:"

I also see following error in libvirtd.log for each console login attempt.

 25446: error : daemonStreamHandleAbort:609 : stream aborted at client
request

My libvirt version is:
libvirtd (libvirt) 1.0.2
OS: FC16

Important: If I destroy the VM and bring it up again, then I donot see this
issue and am able to successfully login.

Can somebody help in resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Satvinder