[libvirt-users] Fake Network Interface

Andrew Martin amartin at xes-inc.com
Mon Dec 30 17:25:29 UTC 2013

Hello,

Is there a supported method for creating a fake network interface in a VM's configuration file? I was using the below construct, however it is no longer working for me in recent versions of libvirt (libvirt 1.0.2 with qemu-kvm 1.4.0). Is there a different, preferred method for creating a fake virtual interface on the guest which does not exist on the host?
    <interface type='network'>
      <mac address='aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa'/>
      <source network='fake'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>

Thanks,

Andrew