[libvirt-users] shutdown a windows guest take ages..... (20- 34 minutes here)

weber at zackbummfertig.de weber at zackbummfertig.de
Sat Feb 2 17:34:11 UTC 2013

hi,

i use libvirt 1.0.2 (-r1 , gentoo linux).
when i create a vm with win7 guest, virtio nic, virtio hdd, all is
running fine.
but when i shutdown the windows guest, it takes somestimes 20-34
minutes !!!
iotop shows me in the whole time writing with 2,xxmb/sec.
is the complete machine "rewritten" to disk?

i use disk.images on a raid6, but hey, dd shows me it can writes there
with 26mb/sec.

any ideas what causes these long shutdown times?

thanks for any hints,

marko