[libvirt-users] Out of Memory Error

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Thu Feb 14 08:13:41 UTC 2013

On 13.02.2013 20:54, varun bhatnagar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today I noticed one strange thing. I* *removed the contents
> of *usbSharedFolder.xml *and kept it blank. Then I again tried both ways
> i.e. calling attachDevice method using code as well as virsh but again
> it gave libvir: VirtualBox Driver error : out of memory but I was
> expecting some syntactical error. Is this a bug....??
> And if it is a bug can anyone release a patch for this....??

In the libvirtd log you will find the exact origin of the error. Can you
share it with us? On a linux system it is very unlikely a process will
get an OOM error (unless you played with overcommit ratio). So maybe we
have a bug in our code. However, the VirtualBox driver is quite big so
narrowing location down to a few lines would be great.

For more info on debug logs see [1].

Michal

1: http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/DebugLogs