[libvirt-users] RE : RE : error when call migrate function "error: invalid argument: qemuDomainMigratePrepare3: unsupported flags (0x200)"

Jiri Denemark jdenemar at redhat.com
Wed Feb 27 13:52:17 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 14:26:08 +0100, loic.cloatre at orange.com wrote:
> These changes are made on both host, and are reboot: I still get
> loic at ubuntu:~$ virsh --connect qemu:///system  migrate --live ubuntuShared5 qemu+ssh://192.168.X.X/system --unsafe
> loic at 192.168.X.X's password:
> error: internal error Attempt to migrate guest to the same host ubuntu
>
> Strange because uuid are differents:
> loic at ubuntu:~$ sudo dmidecode -s system-uuid
> 564DD52D-5B13-D29E-5587-21698DE7C788
> loic at ubuntu:~$ sudo dmidecode -s system-uuid
> 564DCBD3-022C-8EAF-C1BC-943BB22EE9B5

The hostname for both hosts is "ubuntu", which is why it fails. You
should assign distinct hostnames to both hosts. And ideally, both
hostnames should be resolvable from both hosts and lead to the
corresponding IP address. See
http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Migration_fails_with_%22Unable_to_resolve_address%22_error

> And to reply for a previous question:
> loic at ubuntu:~$ virsh --connect qemu:///system  --version
> 1.0.2

Michal asked for "version" command rather than "--version".

Jirka