[libvirt-users] libvrtd-1.1.0 crashes when attempting to start some (but not all) LXC containers

Dennis Jenkins dennis.jenkins.75 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 12:06:29 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 3:18 AM, Michal Privoznik <mprivozn at redhat.com>wrote:

> Interesting. If you are still able to reproduce the crash, can you try to
> get the line number within virSecurityManagerGenLabel where the crash
> happened? I think it's the STREQ line (440 linenr). Question is whether
> model or name is NULL.

I'll try.

I'm not sure why GDB failed to list line numbers in the backtrace.  I will
recompile libvirt with "-O0 -g3" and try again.

I'm running libvirt on my Gentoo development server, built from portage.
Instead of tinkering with portage and rebuilding libvirt, I thought that I
would just try the latest pull from git.  "./configure" fails, unable to
find an input file.  I'll try again, using the same source tarball as
listed in Gentoo's ebuild.

ostara libvirt # CFLAGS="-O0 -g3" ./configure --with-lxc

config.status: creating libvirt.pc
config.status: creating libvirt.spec
config.status: error: cannot find input file: `mingw32-libvirt.spec.in'