[libvirt-users] libvirt_lxc and sysfs

свящ. Георгий Гольцов gg at orthoschool.ru
Mon Jun 10 05:29:32 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 09:07:08AM +0800, Gao feng wrote:
> On 06/09/2013 08:14 PM, pr.G wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > Is it possible to start container via libvirt_lxc without mounting /sys
> > inside container?
> >
> > When I start container via lxc-start and do not add mount point to config,
> > then /sys inside container is empty.
> >
> > When I do it via virsh -c lxc:// container.xml, then
> > /sys contains sysfs of the host and /sys on host becomes remounting read-only.
>
> how can it be true? Can you post your /proc/mounts on host and container?
>

> > Am I doing something wrong or is this feature of libvirt_lxc?
> >

> Absolutely it's not a feature.
>
> Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply.
I was surprised too. I didn't post /proc/mounts to container.
libvirt_lxc did it for me.
I read http://libvirt.org/drvlxc.html about Filesystem mounts:
"
In the absence of any explicit configuration, the container will
inherit the host OS filesystem mounts. A number of mount points will be
made read only, or re-mounted with new instances to provide container
specific data. The following special mounts are setup by libvirt

    * /dev a new "tmpfs" pre-populated with authorized device nodes
    * /dev/pts a new private "devpts" instance for console devices
    * /sys the host "sysfs" instance remounted read-only
    * /proc a new instance of the "proc" filesystem
    * /proc/sys the host "/proc/sys" bind-mounted read-only
    * /sys/fs/selinux the host "selinux" instance remounted read-only
    * /sys/fs/cgroup/NNNN the host cgroups controllers bind-mounted to
    * only expose the sub-tree associated with the container
    * /proc/meminfo a FUSE backed file reflecting memory limits of the
    * container
"
Can I disable this behavior?
How do I specify an explicit configuration?
Thanks.

my container.xml: (The entire xml file is shown in the my original post)