[libvirt-users] Fwd: Haswell 4770 misidentified as Sandy Bridge

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Wed Jun 19 13:50:41 UTC 2013

On 06/19/2013 05:32 AM, Michael Giardino wrote:
> Sorry to blow up everyone's email on this but I tried something new and
> found a different problem. I uninstalled all the debian package (libvirt,
> kvm, qemu, virt-manager, etc.) and then remade all the packages and
> installed them. Haswell again shows up in virt-manager, but now any CPU I
> choose including kvm64 and qemu64 give the same error:

I chased down a person with Haswell CPU and I can't confirm the bug.
The detection works perfectly, domain with Haswell is startable and
there is no such error.

Could you try running these two more commands?

virsh capabilities    # To see how libvirt identifies your CPU
virsh uri             # To see where you are connecting and how

Aren't there any patches in the debian packaging which would differ the
package from upstream?

Thanks,
Martin