[libvirt-users] Virsh+QEMU, SSH issue on compiled libvirt

Shantan Marepally (shanredd) shanredd at cisco.com
Tue Mar 5 21:47:45 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I am trying to build libvirt from source, the compilation went fine and I see that various libvirt tools are being generated, but when I try to use the generated virsh with qemu and ssh (example virsh qemu+ssh://uri/system) I am not able to login and it fails with the following error:

error: failed to connect to the hypervisor
error: End of file while reading data: : Input/output error

I verified the following so far:

  *   QEMU driver is being enabled (--with-qemu, --with-qemu-user, --with-qemu-group), other options are default
  *   Permissions and ssh logging setup are all fine (the same command with a precompiled virsh works fine)

Any ideas? Thanks for your time.

Shantan