[libvirt-users] Developing on host machine, running code on guest VM

Brad Barrows bradleyb1537 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 23:17:16 UTC 2013

I am actually having a hard time getting this to work with a CentOS VM..

I built and installed 9p-sac (Stand alone kernel module) and now

[root at thirdspotcloud t2]# cat /proc/filesystems  | grep 9p
nodev 9p
[root at thirdspotcloud t2]# lsmod | grep 9p
9p                     16414  0
9pnet                  39112  1 9p
[root at thirdspotcloud t2]#

but  when I run: mount -t 9p -o trans=virtio  testmount /opt/workspace/
-oversion=9p2000.L

I get:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on ecp,
       (for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might
       need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program)
       dmesg | tail  or so

I used virt-manager to generate a config:

 <filesystem type='mount' accessmode='passthrough'>
      <driver type='path' wrpolicy='immediate'/>
      <source dir='/var/lib/libvirt/images/testfolder'/>
      <target dir='testmount'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x08'
function='0x0'/>
   </filesystem>

Any ideas?

--