[libvirt-users] migration job: unexpectedly failed

Daniele dnl.sneike at gmail.com
Wed May 8 18:36:04 UTC 2013

2013/5/8 Eric Blake <eblake at redhat.com>

> On 05/08/2013 01:58 AM, Daniele wrote:
>
> [please don't top-post on technical lists]
>
> > Hi Eric, so I will try to downgrade libvirt in the source host back to
> the
> > 0.9.8 version. To completely remove libvirt is enough to run the apt-get
> > command with the purge option?
>
> Unfortunately, I don't use debian enough to know how to downgrade.
> Also, 0.9.8 is rather old, you really ought to consider using newer
> libvirt, such as 1.0.5, just because of the improvements it has (I guess
> I don't understand why Debian favors such an old version of software).
>
> But if you DO downgrade, be aware that you will have to stop your guest
> and then restart it before your guest will be running under the older
> qemu.  But if you are going to stop your guest, then you can get away
> with offline migration (much simpler, as it can work in spite of qemu
> version mismatch) - that is, live migration is only useful if you are
> trying to avoid powering down your guest.  Conversely, if you are going
> to insist on live migration because your guest cannot suffer from
> downtime, then upgrading qemu is your only option.

I downgraded libvirt so now I have the same version both in the source and
the destination host.
Now this is the situation: in one direction (from B to A) there is exactly
the same error as before!.. instead from A to B, the direction that before
was working, now returns this error: "End of file while reading data: :
Input/output error", libvirtd crashes at the destination host, and when i
restart it the vm is running (so it runs both in the destination and in the
source host simultaneously!)..

weird!