[libvirt-users] libvirtd using 11GB

Jarod. w work.iec23801 at gmail.com
Mon May 20 02:17:19 UTC 2013

Hi, All
2013/5/9 Michal Privoznik <mprivozn at redhat.com>

> On 08.05.2013 11:42, Jarod. w wrote:
> > 2013/4/16 Michal Privoznik <mprivozn at redhat.com
> > <mailto:mprivozn at redhat.com>>
> >
> >     On 16.04.2013 11:29, Alex Leonhardt wrote:
> >     > Ah great, thanks!
> >     >
> >     > Alex
> >
> >     In general, it can be a bit difficult to determine the exact commit
> >     which fixes problem you are seeing, because it depends on you
> concrete
> >     use case. However, you can try running libvirtd with valgrind and see
> >     where libvirtd leaks the most. This as disadvantage of libvirtd
> running
> >     a bit slower but on the other hand, if it is such huge leak even a
> >     little while should do. Maybe you will discover a new leak :)
> >
> > I met this issue.thanks
>
> Can you run under valgrind to catch the root cause of the leak?
> Or can you update to prove the leak was fixed?

The memory leak issue have been fixed on libvirt-0.10.2-18.el6_4.4.
The libvirtd  is still using ~13M of resident memory after the host has
been running for about +10 days with about 20 VMs running on it. Before,
I used libvirtd which version is 0.9.10-21.el6_3.7 on the same environment(
days and vms),the libvirtd was using ~1.5G of resident memory.

--
---
Best Regards