[libvirt-users] Doc/web site problems

Greg Ward greg at gerg.ca
Tue Nov 12 00:04:17 UTC 2013

Hi all --

I have one meta-question, and two real questions.

1) What's the best place to report bugs in the docs, FAQ, web site, or
wiki? I have found two -- see next points. (I'm happy to make the fixes
myself if I can, but I'm pretty ignorant about libvirt. Can't fix the
docs without knowing the truth.)

2) In the FAQ, under "networking is unavailable in virt-manager / virsh
- libvirt's default network fails to start", it says "Here is a list of
the networking-related packages that need to be installed for libvirt
networking to work properly:". But it does not say if those packages are
supposed to be installed on the host or the guest! It might be obvious
to you, but it isn't to me.

3) In http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Networking#Guest_configuration, it
says "the following XML would be used in the guest:" ... but it doesn't
say WHERE to put that configuration! Is it a snippet to add to an
existing file? A new file I have to create? Something else? Very
frustrating! ;-(

Thanks --

Greg