[libvirt-users] Problem about lxc-enter-namespace interface

hzguanqiang at corp.netease.com hzguanqiang at corp.netease.com
Thu Nov 14 05:52:30 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-14 13:41 , Gao feng wrote:
On 11/14/2013 01:24 PM, Gao feng wrote:
> On 11/14/2013 10:59 AM, hzguanqiang at corp.netease.com wrote:
>> Hi experts,
>>
>> When I test lxc-enter-namespace interface, it turned out such an error:
>>
>> hzguanqiang at debian:~$ <mailto:hzguanqiang at debian:~$> vir version
>> Compiled against library: libvirt 1.1.4
>> Using library: libvirt 1.1.4
>> Using API: LXC 1.1.4
>> Running hypervisor: LXC 3.9.6
>>
>> hzguanqiang at debian:~$ <mailto:hzguanqiang at debian:~$> vir list
>> Id    Name                           State
>> 1544  instance-00000015              running
>>
>> hzguanqiang at debian:~$ <mailto:hzguanqiang at debian:~$> vir lxc-enter-namespace 1544 --noseclabel /bin/df -hl
>> error: Cannot get namespaces for 1545: Function not implemented
>>
>> hzguanqiang at debian:~$ <mailto:hzguanqiang at debian:~$> ls /proc/self/ns
>> ipc  mnt  net  pid  user  uts
>>
>> What's the problem?
>>

> Does your system have system call setns?

grep setns /proc/kallsyms
and
grep setns the config.log of libvirt.

Hi, Gaofeng, thanks for your help. The info you want are:

hzguanqiang at debian:~/github/libvirt$ sudo grep setns /var/log/libvirt/libvirtd.log
hzguanqiang at debian:~/github/libvirt$ grep setns /proc/kallsyms
ffffffff8105b993 T sys_setns

What I found really strange is that the error info returned by the command.
    hzguanqiang at debian:~$ vir lxc-enter-namespace 1544 --noseclabel /bin/df -hl
    error: Cannot get namespaces for 1545: Function not implemented
The instance id is 1544, but the error info hint cannot get ns for 1545.

The libvirt code of mine is of version 1.1.4 from github (git checkout v1.1.4 -b stable1.1.4 )

Best regards!
GuanQiang
13:46:44