[libvirt-users] Installing tcp/ssh drivers for libvirt

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue Oct 29 20:57:57 UTC 2013

On 10/29/2013 02:48 PM, Shiva Bhanujan wrote:
> Hi Eric,

[please don't top-post on technical lists]

> I'm trying to install the drivers on XenServer 6.0.2 and on Centos 5.2/6.4.

Unfortunately, this list deals more with upstream usage than downstream
distros; and your particular choice of Centos implies that you are
willing to do a bit of legwork yourself (you may want to consider paying
for a RHEL subscription if you need the help).

> configure: error: You must install the libxl Library from Xen >= 4.2 to
> compile libxenlight driver with -lxl

I know that Fedora provides new enough xen packages; about all I can
suggest is copying the srpms for xen-devel from Fedora over to your
centos machine to see if you can get an appropriate environment before
attempting to compile libvirt.  But I personally don't run on centos, so
I have no idea what you will be able to cobble together.