[libvirt-users] sr-iov with openvswitch possible?

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Wed Oct 30 08:52:27 UTC 2013

On 10/23/2013 05:17 PM, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
> Hi all. I'm try to find answer for my qustion in google, but i can't.
>
> if i use openvswitch virtualport in domain and want to use sr-iov does
> it possible? Or if i use sr-iov traffic not goes to openvswitch?

What do you mean by "use sr-iov"? If you mean directly assigning an
SRIOV virtual function to a guest using PCI passthrough device
assignment, then the answer is that the two things are incompatible - if
you are directly assigning network hardware to a guest, then that guest
will be directly connected to the physical network. Open vSwitch is used
to connect emulated network devices to the network.