[libvirt-users] [Spice-devel] [virt-tools-list] Is virsh supposed to work on Windows?

Fernando Lozano fernando at lozano.eti.br
Thu Sep 5 19:22:57 UTC 2013

Hi,
> 1) As a possible workaround, can't you put a Linux server with
> virt-manager installed somewhere, and then have the Windows sysadmins
> use it through X11 forwarding (with Xming, or Cygwin installed on the
> Windows machines)?
As I already told, I did this and my fellow sysadmins didn't liked. :-(

> 2) Also, if virt-manager can run under Cygwin, you can use it directly
> on the Windows machines that way (I don't know if it does).
I found no cygwin-based binaries for virsh, virt-viewer or
remote-viewer. So far only the mingw-based remote-viewer from
spice-space.org works, but it's too little for my fellow sysadmins. I'm
trying virsh and virt-viewer form the same package.

[]s, Fernando Lozano