[libvirt-users] libvirt-1.1.2-r1 (Gentoo) fails to start LXC containers (subject line minor edit, was libvirt-1.2.2-r1)

Dennis Jenkins dennis.jenkins.75 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 19:41:57 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Dennis Jenkins <dennis.jenkins.75 at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 1:34 PM, Doug Goldstein <cardoe at gentoo.org>wrote:
>
>> A suggestion would be to make sure that you have all the necessary
>> kernel options enabled. You can check with: ebuild
>> /usr/portage/app-emulation/libvirt/libvirt-1.1.2-r1.ebuild setup clean

I just ran an "emerge --sync" and noticed that the ebuild file for libvirt
changed.  Now I get a new result.  "Unexpected problems, indeed".  I will
update my kernel and report back.

ostara ~ # ebuild
/usr/portage/app-emulation/libvirt/libvirt-1.1.2-r1.ebuild setup clean
 * libvirt-1.1.2.tar.gz SHA256 SHA512 WHIRLPOOL size ;-)
...                                                       [ ok ]
 * libvirt-1.1.2-e89bdf01.tar.xz SHA256 SHA512 WHIRLPOOL size ;-)
...                                              [ ok ]
 * checking ebuild checksums ;-)
[ ok ]
 * checking auxfile checksums ;-)
[ ok ]
 * checking miscfile checksums ;-)
[ ok ]
 * Determining the location of the kernel source code
 * Found kernel source directory:
 *     /usr/src/linux
 * Found kernel object directory:
 *     /lib/modules/3.10.7-gentoo/build
 * Found sources for kernel version:
 *     3.10.7-gentoo
 * Checking for suitable kernel configuration options...
 *   CONFIG_SECURITYFS:  is not set when it should be.
 * Please check to make sure these options are set correctly.
 * Failure to do so may cause unexpected problems.