[libvirt-users] virt-manager could not start with error "version `LIBVIRT_PRIVATE_0.10.2' not found "

jimmy he jimmyjingjiang at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 11:31:40 UTC 2013

Hello all,
   i am now running xen 4.2.3 on centos 6.4. As we know, the default
libvirt package could not work well with xen on centos6.x. So, i compile
the libvirt  by my self, and i have compiled libvirt-1.1.1, libvirt-1.1.2,
libvirt-1.1.3. After the installation of libvirt, i run virt-manager, but
it print error as below.

*ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libvirt.so.0: version `LIBVIRT_PRIVATE_0.10.2'
not found (required by /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/libvirtmod.so)*

I found one topic talk about the erorr, but get nothing

https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=41893&forum=56

anyone meet the same error as me?  any response is appreciated!