[libvirt-users] Does libvirt support xapi/xe toolstack?

Guillaume Thouvenin guillaume.thouvenin at polymtl.ca
Mon Sep 30 14:38:06 UTC 2013

Guillaume Thouvenin <guillaume.thouvenin at polymtl.ca> a écrit :

> "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com> a écrit :
>> If you have new enough libvirt and Xen >= 4.2 then libvirt will
>> automatically
>> use the libxl APIs instead of XenD.

I have compiled a version 1.1.2 (with xapi and xl support) and
installed it in /usr/local. I started the daemon but I didn't see my
vm1 listed even if everything seems fine in the log:

# /usr/local/sbin/libvirtd --daemon
# xl list
Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs	State	Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0  2047    32     r-----
   188.2
vm1                                          1  4096     1     -b----
    13.5
# LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib /usr/local/bin/virsh -c xen:/// list --all
Id    Name                           State

#

I see nothing in the libvirtd.log and I see this in libxl-driver.log:

# cat libxl/libxl-driver.log xc: debug: hypercall buffer: total
allocations:21 total releases:21
xc: debug: hypercall buffer: current allocations:0 maximum allocations:4
xc: debug: hypercall buffer: cache current size:4
xc: debug: hypercall buffer: cache hits:16 misses:4 toobig:1
xc: debug: hypercall buffer: total allocations:21 total releases:21
xc: debug: hypercall buffer: current allocations:0 maximum allocations:4
xc: debug: hypercall buffer: cache current size:4
xc: debug: hypercall buffer: cache hits:16 misses:4 toobig:1
xc: debug: hypercall buffer: total allocations:18 total releases:18
xc: debug: hypercall buffer: current allocations:0 maximum allocations:4
xc: debug: hypercall buffer: cache current size:4
xc: debug: hypercall buffer: cache hits:13 misses:4 toobig:1
xc: debug: hypercall buffer: total allocations:18 total releases:18
xc: debug: hypercall buffer: current allocations:0 maximum allocations:4
xc: debug: hypercall buffer: cache current size:4
xc: debug: hypercall buffer: cache hits:13 misses:4 toobig:1
xc: debug: hypercall buffer: total allocations:18 total releases:18
xc: debug: hypercall buffer: current allocations:0 maximum allocations:4
xc: debug: hypercall buffer: cache current size:4
xc: debug: hypercall buffer: cache hits:13 misses:4 toobig:1

Any idea where I should looked to find why I don't see the vm1 with the
virsh command?

Regards,
Guillaume