[libvirt-users] Problems with qemu-system-arm and isa-serial

Niccolo Rigacci niccolo at rigacci.org
Mon Feb 17 16:01:05 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to use libvirt for an armel virtual machine hosted
into an x86_64 box.

I know the command line to start qemu-system-arm directly, but I
cannot figure a proper .xml configuration file to let libvirt do
this job.

The main problem is that I want a serial console attached via
telnet, this is the Qemu incantation:

-serial telnet::4000,server,nowait,nodelay

Wahtever I do in libvirt, I get this paramter added:

-device isa-serial

which causes Qemu to fail:

qemu-system-arm -M versatileab -device isa-serial \
    -kernel vmlinuz-2.6.32-5-versatile
qemu-system-arm: -device isa-serial: No 'ISA' bus found for device 'isa-serial'

How can I instead have -device pl011, or just have the default
devices provided by qemu-system-arm, i.e. to prevent libvirt from
adding the -nodefaults switch?

Thank you!

--
Niccolo Rigacci - http://www.rigacci.net/