[libvirt-users] VM Creation Timestamp

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Feb 26 15:21:32 UTC 2014

On 02/26/2014 04:42 AM, Tony Atkinson wrote:
> Hello,
> Is there any way to query libvirt, ideally through virsh CLI utility or
> similar, to get a timestamp of when a VM was created.
> Or to put it another way, a timestamp of when a domain's UUID was allocated.

Sorry, there is no such information currently tracked in <domain> xml.
You could use the metadata element to track this information yourself:
http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsMetadata

but if we decide to add it in libvirt proper, it would not appear any
sooner than someone writes a patch (and certainly won't be in the
upcoming 1.2.2 release, since we're past feature freeze)