[libvirt-users] Problems with pmsuspend/wakeup

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 22:05:58 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've migrated a Windows7 vm from F17 to F20 and it appears to be
working okay. Apparently when it's left idle for some period, it
automatically goes into a pmsuspend state, and I'm unable to wake it.

I've figured out the virsh dompmwakeup command, which then virsh shows
it's running, but the vm is still unresponsive. It doesn't respond to
ping and the display is just black when accessing it through
virt-manager.

Is there something I need to do in the guest for it to wake up
properly? How can I just prevent it from ever suspending in the first
place?

Thanks,
Alex