[libvirt-users] libvirt-sandbox question.

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Jan 29 15:13:35 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 09:59:30AM -0500, Christopher Stone wrote:
> I hope this question isn't considered too off topic for this list, I am
> trying to reach the libvirt-sandbox developers, but I could not find a
> libvirt-sandbox specific mailing list, and it seemed to me that
> libvirt-sandbox was a part of libvirt itself.

Yes, libvirt-sandbox questions are welcome here

   http://sandbox.libvirt.org/communicate/

> Next, I try to use libvirt-sandbox, and I get the following error:
> [root at scwnet1 tests]# /usr/local/bin/virt-sandbox -c lxc:/// /bin/sh
> Unable to start sandbox: Failed to create domain: unsupported
> configuration: Unable to find security driver for label selinux

Ok, so libvirt either hasn't compiled selinux, or has failed to
activate it

> configure:71252: Security Drivers
> configure:71254:
> configure:71256:  SELinux: yes (/sys/fs/selinux)
> configure:71258: AppArmor: no (install profiles: no)

That confirms you've got basic SELinux support compiled, but it
doesn't mean that's enough to enable it for LXC. We also have
a check for the selinux_lxc_contexts_path function in libselinux.so

> My libvirt capabilites shows this:
> [root at scwnet1 tests]# virsh -c lxc:/// capabilities
> <capabilities>
>     <secmodel>
>       <model>none</model>
>       <doi>0</doi>
>     </secmodel>
>   </host>

> </capabilities>
>

> I am not sure if secmodel none is the problem.

Yes, that confirms that it definitely isn't available for LXC

I think you'd probably need to upgrade the libselinux library
and selinux policy too I'm afraid.

FWIW, I've never really intended that libvirt-sandbox work on
RHEL-6, since as you've discovered quite a few dependancies
are too old and require updating. I've only targetted Fedora
and forthcoming RHEL-7

Regards,
Daniel