[libvirt-users] Starting processes inside VMs using Libvirt?

Taimur Al Said alsaidts at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 19:31:18 UTC 2014

Thank you Eric,

I am using KVM: qemu.. I'll try to see how I can use qemu-guest-agent..
If you have links to examples on how to start with it let me know please.
Consider the following simple scenario..

I am using KVM to run several VMs; one of OSs in the guests is Windows XP.
I want to send to it something from the Hypervisor level, e,g
text,parameters,etc
so that it will be displayed in the VM screen or stored in a file so I can
read from the VM later..
It's best to be done on a live VM.

How can such a simple scenario be performed. Does it have to be through the
method of qemu-guest-agent??

Thanks alot,

T.alsaid