[libvirt-users] Sending command to virtual machine

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Mar 26 22:46:37 UTC 2014

On 03/26/2014 04:33 PM, lukass.vacek at seznam.cz wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to know if there is a way how to execute a command inside of
> running virDomainPtr. For example call exec command but not on my computer,
> but on running virtual machine. If there is a way, what needs to be done for
> it?
> Thanks for answer!

This same question was asked earlier this week:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvirt-users/2014-March/msg00149.html

Short answer: if you use LXC, then use, 'virsh lxc-enter-namespace' does
just that.  If you use qemu, then you need to write a patch to qemu's
guest agent (not on this mailing list) or use some other agent of your
own creation.