[libvirt-users] Problems creating a LXC rootfs to be used with virt-manager

Markus Rhonheimer markus.rhonheimer at web.de
Wed Mar 9 19:25:16 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

Laine Stump over at OFTC #virt was kind enough to point me to this email
address.

I am trying to run a LXC OS container with virt-manager and found out,
that I need to create the rootfs with LXC/LXD and then point
virt-manager to the rootfs location. ( I am running Ubuntu 16.04 inside
a virtual machine [kvm] for testing)

Both "lxc-create" and "lxc launch" worked to create the rootfs and run
the VMs.

When I tried to add them to virt-manager I always get error messages
like this:

https://postimg.org/image/lkqn1ery5/

the configuration looks like this:

http://pastebin.com/fg1JFCRX