[libvirt-users] How do I close a console connection?

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Mon Mar 4 21:54:23 UTC 2019

I'm working on (re-) implementing serial console support in virtualbmc
[1], and one of the issues I'm hitting right now is that after
establishing a console connection via...

    self._stream = self._conn.newStream(libvirt.VIR_STREAM_NONBLOCK)
    self._domain.openConsole(None, self._stream, 0)

...I can't figure out how to close the console.  Subsequent calls to
openConsole fail because "a console connection is already open". I
thought maybe I should close the stream, but that doesn't appear to be
possible (there is a finish method, but it just tells me that "this
function is not supported by the connection driver").

[1]: https://github.com/openstack/virtualbmc

Cheers,

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com> | larsks @ {irc,twitter,github}