Re: [libvirt-users] KVM-Docker-Networking using TAP and MACVLAN

On 3/15/19 12:42 AM, Lars Lindstrom wrote:
The problem is that I cannot seem to figure out how to configure the
Docker network to use VEPA mode.

The MACVLAN driver source revealed what the documentation concealed:

[root server ~]# docker network create --driver macvlan --opt
parent=tap0 --opt macvlan_mode=vepa macvlan0

The containers now reach the KVM, but not each other, the KVM can reach
both - finally!

This leaves me with some performance tests to be done to find out which
of the two ways, VETH or ETHERNET/TAP, provides the most performance at
the least resource usage.

br Lars