Re: [libvirt-users] Emulated TPM doesn't work on Debian Buster

On Sat, 2019-10-05 at 14:32 +0000, procmem riseup net wrote:
> Hi. I am very interested in the security properties a totally open TPM
> can give our users  - its use as a universal smartcard to protect all
> types of keys. When adding the virtual 1.2 or 2.0 TPM I get the vague
> error below. OS is Debian stable with standard packages.
>

> Error starting domain: Unable to find 'swtpm' binary in $PATH: No such
> file or directory

I wouldn't call this error message vague at all: it tells you exactly
what the problem is, namely that libvirt needs the 'swtpm' command
for your configuration but the latter is not available :)

Unfortunately it looks like swtpm it's not packaged for Debian, so
I'm afraid the solution is not just a simple apt-get away :(