Changes to SELinux in git-audit tree

Stephen Smalley sds at tycho.nsa.gov
Tue Dec 13 15:06:20 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 08:21 -0500, Steve Grubb wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 December 2005 08:11, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> > In reviewing the audit-related patches in -mm originating from the
> > git-audit tree, I noticed two unexpected changes in SELinux behavior as
> > a result of these patches.
>
> OK, so...what behavior changed and what is the correction? Which patches
> caused a change in behavior?

The changes were from Dustin's patches - I've already taken up
discussion with him separately about them.  After looking at them
further and running some tests, the changes may end up being a wash in
terms of user-visible behavior (so no change may ultimately be required
in the patches), but they caught me by surprise, so I want to avoid any
future surprises.  One change was a last minute alteration to the patch
after I had previously reviewed it, and the other was an attempt to
re-base a patch to deal with changes upstream without re-posting it even
to the lists AFAIK.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency