Re: New audit-perms patch [ Re: Audit perms check on recv ]

--- Serge Hallyn <serue us ibm com> wrote:

> I'm sorry, I thought that by "we are already way off
> spec" you were
> saying we shouldn't bother trying to follow the
> spec.

Well, there's the capability spec, which Linux has
tried to keep with (pretty much) and the audit spec,
which seems to be a different kettle of fish.

> I'll come back with a new patch after I go read the
> draft, because the
> meaning of CAP_AUDIT_CONTROL is not clear to me.

CAP_AUDIT_CONTROL is intended to be used for all
audit trail operations requiring privilege except
for application writing records to the audit trail.

=====
Casey Schaufler
casey schaufler-ca com