repost of loginuid patches

Serge Hallyn serue at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 19 21:41:18 UTC 2005

Attached are the two loginuid patches which I believe we need.  They are
to be applied on top of the audit-caps patch which I posted to lkml last
week.

loginuid-proc.patch incorporates Stephen's loginuid inheritence fix,
removes the AUDIT_LOGINUID netlink message, and creates /proc/$
$/loginuid when CONFIG_AUDITSYSCALL is defined.

netlink-loginuid.patch adds the loginuid to the netlink credentials.  It
uses this to log the sender's loginuid on receipt of a audit control
message.  It also causes the audit control log entries to be created
using audit_log_start(NULL, instead of audit_log_start(current-
>audit_context, since current->audit_context can be unrelated to the
process which sent the message.

thanks,
-serge
--