at, cron: wrong auid

Debora Velarde dvelarde at us.ibm.com
Tue Jul 19 16:16:47 UTC 2005

Hi All,

We were asked to modify our 'at' and 'crontab' testcases so that the job
being run contained a syscall.  Then we needed to verify that the correct
audit record was generated for that syscall.  In doing so, I see that the
audit record for the syscall executed by the job, contains "auid=0", rather
than "auid=500" which is the user I initially logged in with.

I asked Klaus if this behavior is valid.  His reply, "The syscall audit
record needs to have the auid of the user on whose
behalf the job is executing, for example auid=500, *not* 0."

-debbie