Re: encountering problems with PATH_MAX testing

Steve Grubb wrote:

On Wednesday 15 June 2005 11:28, Loulwa Salem wrote:

Anybody can think of a way to go around this and still test the
=PATH_MAX, and =PATH_MAX-1 cases?

Are you trying to create a dirname that is 4085 bytes long? dirs are limited to 255 bytes for their name. You will have to create a series of dirs to get the right length. Is this what you are doing?

Ah ... I was trying to create one really long directory ...
I think at some point I thought of doing what you suggested ... but disregarded it because I thought it would be a pain to cascade directories ...

Thanks for the help Steve
- Loulwa